To our valued patients:
Our team at Bel Canto Dental hopes this announcement finds you and your family in good health. We have been through a lot in beautiful British Columbia over these last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming normal day to day schedules and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome our patients back into our office. We are following all protocols and guidelines outlined by the College of Dental Surgeons of BC, WorkSafe BC, Centre’s for Disease (CDC), Dental Association of BC, and Provincial Health Office (PHO), this has allowed us to open our office safely.
We have opened May 19th in the safest way possible to ensure that we take all precautions to keep both our patients and our staff healthy. Infection control has always been a top priority for our dental practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office.
You will notice some changes as you return back to our office in light of the Covid-19 Pandemic. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the precautions we are taking. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep you safe and comfortable. We have included a list of the enhanced measures we have taken to protect our patients and our staff which are as follows.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to discuss health-related questions and email you a consent form prior to being seen. You will be asked additional health questions at each dental appointment.
- Appointments will be managed in a spaced-out fashion to allow for social distancing between patients. That means fewer appointments per day, might mean fewer options available.
- You will see waiting room has 2 chairs covered in plastic covering, we will no longer offer magazines or children’s coloring books as they are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have hand sanitizer’s that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. Hand Sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
- An oral pre rinse will be provided to all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- We have touchless temperature thermometer and will use as required during the health screening process.
- We have implemented enhanced disinfection procedures to Front Desk, Patient Bathroom and Operatories, which includes computers, keyboards, telephones, tables, chairs doorknobs, light switches, buttons that maybe touched, staff room.
- We have IQ Air HEPA Filter machines throughout the office and in most treatment rooms to remove germs from circulating in the air.
- We follow protocols set out by the College of Dental Surgeons of BC for what constitutes PPE guidelines.
- Additional time is added to each patient’s booking for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next dental appointment.